This is the third post for plotbunnies and other ideas for Tok'ra related fiction. It covers symbiotes with names starting with "R" to "Z"
, if the symbiote doesn't have a canon name it's been replaced by the hosts name instead.
Crossovers between Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe has been moved here
Remember that these prompts are only suggestions and you can use as much or as little of them as you want. Feel free to mix and match whatever your Muse takes a liking to, or to use none of them.
Feel free to post any bunnies and/or short outlines you might have in the comments and we'll add them to this entry as soon as possible.
'Dr. Raully'/HostRen'al/HostSelmak/Saroosh, /Jacob Carter
- She has a mate. How does Jacob react to suddenly being in a relationship that has lasted hundreds of years and a number of hosts?
- Saroosh had one or more children before she became a host and Selmak promised to tell their descendants of her death.
- How does Jacob adjust to suddenly being a host and living on a completely new planet, and with a people he has never met but still know everything about?
- Jacob and Selmak discuss Jolinar taking Sam as her host against Sam's will.
- AU of “The Tok'ra” I&II. Sam becomes host to Selmak. She probably stays with the Tok'ra. She has a relationship with Martouf/Lantash.
- Throw the Oldest and Wisest Tok'ra into one cranky Air Force General. It isn’t all beer and skittles when the two of them first blend as both are very strong personalities. George Hammond has to be involved.
- What if Selmak was originally a Goa'uld System Lord - that could maybe explain why she is much older than the other Tok'ra. Explain how and why she chose to become a Tok'ra - tell her story. Also, what happens when Jacob learns that Selmak was originally Goa'uld - I assume she hasn't told him.
- Events force Jacob to reveal to his son Mark the truth about Selmak. Jake wouldn't just tell Mark about Selmak, there has to be a very good reason for him to explain everything. Possible ideas; (1) a Goa'uld kidnaps Mark to use as bait to catch Jake. Later Jacob must escape with Mark and get them both home. (2) After the events on Netu Jacob is recovering at Marks house and having nightmares, during which he talks in his sleep. There should be more to it than just that, but it's a start. (3) Jake and Mark go on a father-son camping trip, or it could be the whole Carter family, and the NID decide that away from civilization is a perfect place to capture a lab rat.
- Jacob/Selmak, Janet. Jacob is often paired with Janet but they don't mention Selmak. Write a fic that involves Jake, Selmak and Janet (or another of your choosing).
- Jacob and Selmak have a major disagreement over Sam. Sam gets captured by the Goa'uld, Dad wants to rescue her, and Selmak thinks it's a death mission. I'd also like to see Delek get beaten up by Selmak.
- Selmak/Jacob. Rewrite “Threads” ending. Optional: A plot bunny on how to save Jake and Selmak!
- Selmak/Jacob. First mission for the Tok'ra with Jacob as host.
- Selmak/Jacob. A love story that involves Selmak as well as Jacob.
- SG-1, AU Sam and Kowalski from S03xE06 “Point of View”. “Point of View” happened after “The Tok’ra”, what if a Tok’ra visited Earth while AU Sam and Kowalski were there? How would they react, and how would this change the events that occurred? I don't think AU Sam had met Jolinar so it might be interesting to see her reaction to her father as a host, since he would be dead in her reality, but any Tok’ra you choose may be involved.
- Jacob as Jack's Dad. Jacob/Selmak just returns from a mission where they ended up time travelling. They were in the past for many months, and met a woman and fell in love. Then they found a way to return to their own time and did, despite wanting to stay with the woman. When they come back, they learn it is the mother of Jack O'Neill they had been with - and he is born 8 months after they left her, so she had been 1 month pregnant when they left. Jack O'Neill is tested, and he is their son. It turns out the Ancient gene he has is from Selmak. She - and all Egeria's kids - has it. The reason Jack appears to be a more advanced human is that he has symbiote DNA. The Asgard had found out, but not told him. At some point during his teen years his genetic memory had started to surface, and the Asgard had blocked it. Now it resurfaces. How does Jack react to being part Tok'ra? How does he react to Jacob/Selmak being his dad? What does Sam say to finding out she has a half-brother, who is her commanding officer? Should take place before Divide and Conquer.
- How does he feel about having SG1 and General O’Neill at Ba’al’s Extraction Ceremony?