What is Tok'ra Kree?
Tok'ra Kree is a community for fan challenges focused on the Tok'ra. The challenge is run as a prompt-a-thon, where people leave prompts, which can later be claimed. The prompt-a-thon runs twice a year, in May and November, each time for a duration of 13 weeks.
We have a mirror-community on Dreamwidth: tokra_kreeRules
Author specific rules:
- People are welcome to leave prompts, whether or not they intend to create anything for that round.
- You are welcome to make any kind of fanwork for the challenge - art, fic, vid, podfic...
- No restrictions on genre, characters, or pairing, as long as one or more Tok'ra play a major part in the fanwork and are not just there as a convenient source of information, a way to get a spaceship, someone to blame, or similar. They do not, however, have to be one of the main character(s).
- There will be a two week period for posting prompts, and after that people can claim one prompt each. If any prompts remain, there will be open prompt-claiming later, for those who feel they have the time to create more fanworks. You will have about 1 1/2 month to create your fanwork after the initial prompt claiming. Posting will take place just after the deadline.
- Weeks 1-2: people leave prompts
- Weeks 3-5: anyone wanting to participate can claim one prompt.
- Weeks 6-11: if people feel they have the time and resources, they can claim any of the remaining prompts.
- Weeks 12-13: works may be posted at any time
- If you have claimed a prompt and have to drop out/feel you cannot create anything for that prompt you need to tell us so the prompt can be released back into the group for others to claim. You don't have to tell us why, a simple "I'm dropping out" or "this prompt doesn't work for me, can I claim a different one" is fine. Failure to do so will get you excluded from the next round.
- For now, this challenge is only open for SG-1 content and crossovers with SGA and SGU. Original fic in the SG universe is allowed, as is original characters, as long as they meet the requirement of at least one Tok'ra among the main characters.
- There will be no fandom drama and no harassing anyone for differences in favourite characters, shipping choices, or whatever!
- All ratings (G to NC-17) are welcome, as are gen, het, slash, femslash, poly (how could we not allow this? There can't be less than 3 beings in a Tok'ra relationship, unless we're talking host/symbiote ship. Which you are welcome to write, by the way.)
- Plagiarism is not allowed.
- We do not tolerate racism, sexism, ableism, or any other type of bashing or denigrating anyone due to their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, opinion, identity... you get it!
- You are required to warn for: non-con, dub-con (including Aliens Made Them Do It), explicit torture, explicit violence, major character death. Artists and vidders are also required to warn for nudity - please add a 'NSFW' warning. Everyone are also strongly advised to warn for: explicit sexual content. Alternatively you may write: "Author/artist/vidder chooses not to use warnings".
- You may post something you have previously created, as long as it fits the current theme and as long as no part of the fic/artwork/vid has been posted anywhere before.
- Collaborating with another author/artist/vidder is allowed.
- We require podficcers to either obtain permission from the author of the fic, or to pick a fic from an author that has given blanket permission (somewhere) to podfic. Info about Podfic permissions and links to lists of some authors that have given permission, here on fanlore. There is a (short) list of Tok'ra authors that have given permission here.
Artist specific rules:
- Stories should be min. 500 words.
- It is preferred that all stories have been beta-read, but it is not a requirement.
You should make at least one of the below:
Vidder specific rules:
- 1 banner, which should be at least: 500x150.
- 1 large piece of art, at least 600x400.
- 1 picspam containing at least 20 pics.
- 1 iconset or gifset, containing at least 5 icons/gifs.
- 1 comic, which should be finished/have a finished story.
- If you choose to create headers for our community (thank you!), there are the following extra rules:
- Size must be 1200x350.
- The name of the community, "TOK'RA KREE" must be found somewhere on the header.
- If 2 or fewer headers are created during a round, they will be added to the headers that are currently in rotation. Note that this is in total, i.e. by one or more persons. It does not mean one person must create a specific number.
- If 3 or more headers are created during a round, they will be used exclusively until next round, at which point more will possibly be added or substituted. Note that this is in total, i.e. by one or more persons. It does not mean one person must create a specific number.
Podficcer specific rules:
- Vids should be at least 30 seconds.
- The story you podfic should have at least 1000 words
- You need to either obtain permission from the author of the fic or pick a fic from an author who has given blanket permission to podfic. (List on fanlore) (Short list of Tok'ra authors).
- Recognizing that there are not that many Tok'ra fics and that it may be hard to find a prompt that fit the fic you'd like to podfic, we allow any fics with a wordcount of at least 1000 words and that is either Tok'ra-centric or with a major positive Tok'ra presence.
If you didn't find the answers to what you were looking for here, try the FAQ